Communication is an important issue and goes all the way from communicating with external bodies such as the GMC, to making all our students and teachers feel that they are kept in touch. This question is predominantly about these last two groups – how do we keep them informed and engaged? Sustainably? Here are some ideas – please add yours:
- Blog – short posts with MB ChB news aimed at Edinburgh undergraduates and teachers. Include stuff they’ll be interested in (how many failed, got A grades), exclude dull and worthy (a room is closed for a fortnight)
- Post headlines feed from blog to EEMeC, and wherever else we can.
- An email Newsletter which is just headlines from the same, e.g. every month. But where is the mailing list?
- Printed newsletter – tried in the past and stalled. Will it ever work?
- Facebook anyone? www.facebook.com/neilturn. Other social media?
Please post your thinking as a Comment below